Sunday, November 1, 2009

BP3_20091102_Researching&Blogging. Web 2.0 tools

A Web 2.0 tool that I found very interesting and one that would be very useful to my teaching/learning environment is Kerpoof. Kerpoof is a free online educational game site and its multimedia software is free for educators. There is a small cost if you want to become a member to access special features on this site. It was created in March 2007 and acquired by The Walt Disney Company in February 2009. With the integration of technology into the classroom this is definitely an excellent resource for my art classroom. At the click of a button, once students have entered the art studio on this site the opportunities are many. Each student can create a coloring book using the clip art images they can also doodle and create their own artwork or characters. Students can make a story, a card, or even make a movie with special effects and animation.

Kerpoof has two main sites connected to create one. They are Kerpoof Studio, for elementary and middle school students and Kerpoof Scholastic, which includes tutorials, tips and tricks. Many other resources I found to be useful on this site as an educator were The National Educational Technology Standards also several state educational standards. There are many lesson plan ideas shared on this site for different grade levels and subject areas. I enjoyed viewing the Movie Maker tutorial and then I created an animated movie with special effects. I also experimented with the Doodle Pad. This could be useful for the exceptional and lower level students I teach. I know that my students will also find this site to be fun and useful in developing their creative talents and abilities as I did.

http://www.kerpoof.com/teach

Kerpoof Image retrieved from

www.freetech4teachers.com/ 2008_01_23_archive.html



No comments:

Post a Comment